Friday, January 14, 2011

Size DISCRIMINATION!

Ok what is the deal with walking into these freakin stores at the mall and I casually and oh so sweetly ask for a size 32 which is comparable to a 10-12 and the dumb ass sales clerk looks at me with their oh so innocent face and say..."sorry we only go up to a 31 but you can try these on and see if they fit...they have a ton of stretch in them"! Oh HOLD ME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mouth dropped...I was stunned but then again was I surprised?? After a few minutes...NO! What a total joke. I was almost ready to send the store/head office a letter of size discrimination! Who the hell wears a size 0 anyways????

Happened to anyone else?
Ive worked so damn hard to get into normal store sizes and STILL A BIG FAT NO! Normally I dont use the F word but this post deserves a little profanity!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a little beotch! We have a store at one of our malls called 7*6*9 and they literally only carry size 9 and under (no double digits). I know several older women that I work with that shopped there for their children or grandchildren and were notified in the store that they didn't carry anything bigger. Basically assuming that the women were shopping for themselves, I guess they wanted to save them the embarrassment of nothing fitting. Assholes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 daughters - 12 and 15 - and it pisses me off at how hard it is to find clothes for them. They aren't tiny, but they are not fat either and the "hip" stores like Aeropostle and Hollister have such tiny clothes. My 12 year old can barely fit in them and my 15 year old can only wear the shirts. Very frustrating. How can it be that the average woman is a size 14, but these stores act like 0 is normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating to be a size 32 and not be able to buy clothes ANYWHERE. 32 is tiny, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your business to a store that carries clothes that aren't made for anorexic girls. And go ahead and use my favourite F word. Haven't heard it in awhile. You are soooo rockin' the band. And you will find some cool clothes. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these sales people supposed to be "marketing" their clothes? That woman needs to learn some social and sales skills. And I agree with Janelle 32 is tiny and pretty healthy.

    http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is ridiculous! I have to admit, when I was in Nordstrom this week I was checking out the jeans and there were so few pairs in 32 I decided to forget the whole thing and not try any on at all. Its idiotic. They would sell so much more if they went up to at least 33, 34, and actually stocked those sizes!

    ReplyDelete